Root Canal North Las Vegas Therapy
When the pulp is damaged or inflamed, then there’s a possibility of losing that tooth. A root canal North Las Vegas is a solution for treating teeth that have been decayed all the way to the tooth’s pulp.
Causes of pulp inflammation or infection:
- Faulty dental procedures (i.e. dental fillings or crowns)
- Cracks or chips in your teeth, which allow bacteria to grow and flourish.
- Trauma to a tooth.
Signs that you may need a Root Canal:
- Pain from applied pressure to your tooth (i.e. chewing).
- Tooth sensitivity to hot and cold temperatures.
- Swollen gums near the infected tooth.
- Any sign of pus.
- Dark discoloration.
What happens during a Root Canal?
The root canal procedure usually involves two procedures: the root canal followed by a crown. During a root canal, your dentist will use a local anesthesia to numb the area that will be worked on. An opening is then created in your tooth that exposes the pulp chamber where the tooth’s nerve and pulp is secured. This area is then removed, sanitized, dried, and then filled with a sealant.
After the root canal, your dentist will give you a temporary crown that will give you the ability to eat and chew food with until you receive a crown. You can read more about crowns here.
Does a Root Canal procedure hurt?
Many people believe root canals are painful procedures. A Root canal North Las Vegas is no more painful than a cavity filling. Once the anesthesia kicks in, pain should not be felt for the duration of the procedure. It’s much better to experience the minimal pain with a root canal than endure severe pain from a badly infected tooth.
Benefits of a Root Canal:
- Restores and maintains your bite for efficient chewing
- Protects your other teeth from strain
- Saves your natural tooth
- Maintains your natural smile
Please call 702-803-1810 or contact us online to learn more about root canals.